It’s been a long time since the last time I wrote the blog, because I’m not a fan of writing blogs. But today I solved a problem with hours’ digging and trying, so I think it might be a good idea to share it.
The main idea was that I wanted to run a script at boot, which contained the following line,
/path/to/node_modules/.bin/gulp 2>&1 > /tmp/gulp.log
This line just wouldn’t run, and I didn’t know why. What’s more, the output file
/tmp/gulp.log was totally empty. Just when I thought I could do nothing about it and I was just going to give up, I found a possible solution online, which was to put
2>&1 immediately before
&, as follows,
/path/to/node_modules/.bin/gulp > /tmp/gulp.log 2>&1 &
It worked! Then I got the error,
gulp couldn’t find
node. I didn’t know why, I guessed the script didn’t source
~/.zshrc file before running the script. So I added the following line in the script.
It worked. The original script was executed as perfectly as one could expect. A good lesson. There’s no problem that is unsolvable, the only problem is whether you have enough time and whether you want to find it.